Come up to the Domes!
Our experience begins with The Basilica Church and climb high up to the clock towers, if you thought Quito was high enough we go higher! Getting up here will take your breath away but the views of down town Quito are more than words can describe. We then go to where no tourist or local usually goes – up in the domes of the amazing Metropolitan Cathedral to get a unique view of Plaza Grande or Independence square flanked by the Carondelet Palace (Government house), Quito Municipality building and the Archbishops palace.
We continue later on to the unique La Compañia Church, the most impressive representation of the baroque art in the continent and its domes. From here we can have an impressive view of San Francisco square and its monastery as well of the famous Panecillo hill with its winged virgin Mary statue known as the Protector of Quito.
- Spanish – English speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Private services
- Meals & Drinks
- Alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fees to churches, museum, archeological sites, national parks or tourist attractions
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
- Medical and Travel Insurance
What to bring?
- Sunhat + Sunblock
- Walking Shoes/Sneakers or Tennis shoes
- Comfortable clothes in layers (jeans,t-shirt, sweater and a jacket)
- Small bag to carry a camera, sunblock, wallet, water (to keep everything safe)
- Rain Jacket
- All prices are per person
- Guides in other languages like Italian, German and French are available under request and with a supplement
- We can include lunch to your tour with an extra charge