Live an authentic experience
The Napo Cultural Center is located in the Yasuní National Park, one of the most diverse ecosystems in the planet with approximately 980 hectares of Amazon Rainforest. This is one of the main reasons why the Yasuní has become one of the best tourist hotels to visit in the Amazon in Ecuador. It is a perfect place for nature lovers.
Built and designed by the Kichwa Añangu community, at the Napo Cultural Center you will feel part of the community everyday life and know more about their traditions and cosmovision which is a coherent body of myths, rituals, and an immense value to “mother Earth” and existence. In your stay at the Hotel you will be taken apart from urban stress to a World where nature comes to live.
The Napo Cultural Center has 12 cabins in total for a total capacity of this Hotel is 40 people. With double and triple exclusive rooms, this exclusive Hotel has been specially built and designed to provide visitors with comfort during their stay.
The Napo Cultural Center is all surrounded by life and harmony and each room has a private balcony where you can enjoy from a beautiful view of our gardens and of the Amazon jungle while relaxing in a hammock.
At the hotel, every detail counts! All rooms include a comfortable bed (double or triple), a private bathroom with hot water, a ceiling fan, a safe box and 24/7 electricity.
The Kichwa Añangu Community, their culture is characterized by a perfect harmony between man and nature that surrounds it. For that, when you visit the Napo Cultural Center you will always be in contact with nature and listen to the sounds of the jungle. It is a real privilege.
Located in one of the most diverse places in the planet and far away from the industrial noise and pollution, the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador is the home of more than a third of all the Amazonian mammals. At the Napo Cultural Center, you can see life everywhere, the rivers and streams that surrounds the place represent vitality and purity under a perfect weather and the most complete and important biodiversity of the World.
First Class Cuisine
With a typical open-air architecture that provides a great view of the surroundings, the hotel restaurant offers a menu of national and international cuisine. Chefs and cookers will be very pleased your palate with the exquisite food that is served in this place.
Activities & Entertainment
In the Napo Cultural Center there are activities for everyone, no time to get bored in the jungle, from excursions, canoe riding to cultural activities to make you feel closer to the Kichwa Añangu community and the wildlife that hides the Amazonia. Here some things you can do at the lodge:
- Visits to the Anangu community, a beautiful community that has inspired other communities of the World for their eco-projects and way of life. There you will visit the Interpretive Center or Kuri Muyo where you will learn about their culture and hear their exciting tales about their ancestors. Also, you will have the chance to buy some crafts and objects women of the community sell to public.
- Walks and excursions around the lush ecosystem surrounding of the Yasuní Kichwa Ecolodge and the insides of the dense Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest.
- Enjoy sightings of birds and animals that are hidden in the jungle (Fauna and flora of the region is so vast that in one hectare you can find more species than in the entire European continent.
- The Amazonia in Ecuador is home to more than a third of sylvatic mammals which represent almost 60% of the species in the world.)
- Explore exotic places full of life as the parrot Clay Licks and the Observation Tower where you can see thousands of birds flowing on the sky.
- Noche de expedición a bordo del Ancestral Kichwa Catamaran, una actividad cultural que busca representar las prácticas antiguas de comercio.
- Canoe riding in the beautiful rivers and streams to see a little more closely the wildlife that lives there.
- Navigate down the Napo River on a night excursion, an activity that aims to represent the ancient commercial trade practices of the Kichwa Añangu community.
- Join the community ritual in the morning of meditation and drink the wayusa an energy drink that will raise vitality of your body and mind.
The journey starts in the city of Quito where you take a flight to the jungle town of Coca. From the airport, you will be taken to the port La Misión to get on board a canoe ride to the Kichwa Añangu community. In this pleasant trip, you can enjoy from a beautiful landscape and see various types of bird as: Martin Pescador, beach terns and other species, which stand on the banks and small islands located in the Napo River.
Once you get to the Napo Cultural Center members of the community will warmly welcome you with drinks and some snacks and an intro talk for you to learn about this community-based tourism project history. After that, you will be taken to your room where you can enjoy from the comfortable accommodations and incredible views.
In the afternoon, you can join a short excursion to the banks of the Napo River and see one of the most beautiful sunsets seen on Earth. Return back to the lodge and have a delightful dinner and rest until the next day.
After a nice breakfast, early in the morning you will get on board a canoe that will take you to three amazing destinations, the parrot clay licks or saladeros, where you will see the most beautiful natural spectacle with more than 11 species that show up in these places: parakeets, parrots and macaws are seen daily at different time.
Then, we will end up the morning with an educational visit to the Interpretive Center or the “Kuri Muyu” a place managed by women of the community who will perform an interactive presentation for you to learn about the community culture and ancient traditions, uses of the natural resources, activities, handcrafts, etc.
Later, a nice lunch awaits you at the hotel restaurant.
After having some rest at the lodge, in the afternoon you will have fun in an extraordinary visit to the sewer pipes (lgapo) in a motorized canoe along the Guangara and Kuri Muyo trail. Returning back to the lodge you will possibly see some caimans on the banks of the Rio Napo.
At your arrival to the hotel, you will enjoy a great dinner with typical cuisine.
(Optional) You can join the ancestral ritual that takes place every morning at 4am. Starting with an energy drink called Wayusa and beautiful songs in their native language, you will have the opportunity to do some exercises of meditation for your soul and body.
Then, after a delicious good-bye breakfast, a canoe will take you back to Coca city to return to your destination.
Early breakfast, and last excursion canoeing back to the Napo river, the creek may reveal new sights of Giant otters, Monk Saki monkeys, hoatzins, blackcapped donacobius or other birds. The motorized canoe will take you back to Coca, for the flight back to Quito.
- All prices are per person
- Children under 5 years, hotel free in same parents room plus 50% of airfare to be paid.
- Children under 12 years get 30% discount on hotel prices in the same parents room.
- Napo Cultural Center recommend for families with children to take a private guide.
- Departures available any day of the week, except Sunday.
- There is a limit of 20 kilograms to check in per person in the aircraft plus carry on. If you are checking in more weight than the excess baggage will be charged to you directly by airline. Rain poncho and rubber boots (from size 3 to 12) provided when needed for excursions.
Double or triple occupancy $ 603.00
Single occupancy $744.00
- Accommodations in Napo Cultural Center
- All meals
- River transportation to Coca – Napo Cultural Center – Coca
- Entrance to Yasuni National Park and parrot clay licks
- Community and naturalist bilingual guide
- Impermeable poncho and rubber boots
- All excursions and activities like program detail
- Flight ticket to/from Coca
- Other non-specified requirements
- Small day pack for excursions. Zip lock-type plastic bags to cover optics or other gear.
- Insect repellent (Skin-so-soft or DEET product with at least 20% concentration). No inflammable sprays as they are not allowed by the airline. Sunscreen lotion with a high SPF factor.
- Flashlight or headlamp bright enough for use on night walks.
- Personal toiletries and medications (carry medications with you when arriving and leaving the lodge).
- Extra batteries/film/video tapes as appropriate.
- Original passport (always good to have while traveling)
Credit card Visa, MasterCard and Diners for bar bills and cash (US$) for Artesania purchases