Live an authentic experience
Napo Cultural Center
The Napo Cultural Center is located in the Yasuní National Park, one of the most diverse ecosystems in the planet with approximately 980 hectares of Amazon Rainforest. This is one of the main reasons why the Yasuní has become one of the best tourist hotels to visit in the Amazon in Ecuador. It is a perfect place for nature lovers. Built and designed by the Kichwa Añangu community, at the Napo Cultural Center you will feel part of the community everyday life and know more about their traditions and cosmovision which is a coherent body of myths, rituals, and an immense value to “mother Earth” and existence. In your stay at the Hotel you will be taken apart from urban stress to a World where nature comes to live.
The Napo Cultural Center has 12 cabins in total for a total capacity of 40 people. With double and triple exclusive rooms, this exclusive Hotel has been specially built and designed to provide visitors with comfort during their stay. The Napo Cultural Center is all surrounded by life and harmony and each room has a private balcony where you can enjoy from a beautiful view of our gardens and of the Amazon jungle while relaxing in a hammock. At the hotel, every detail counts! All rooms include a comfortable bed (double or triple), a private bathroom with hot water, a ceiling fan, a safe box and 24/7 electricity.
Water is life – Yaku Kausay 3 Days / 2 Nights
Once you get to the Napo Cultural Center members of the community will warmly welcome you with drinks and some snacks and an intro talk for you to learn about this community-based tourism project history. After that, you will be taken to your room where you can enjoy the comfortable accommodations and incredible views. In the afternoon, you can join a short excursion to the banks of the Napo River and see one of the most beautiful sunsets seen on Earth. Return back to the lodge and have a delightful dinner and rest until the next day.
Then, we will end up the morning with an educational visit to the Interpretive Center or the “Kuri Muyu” a place managed by women of the community who will perform an interactive presentation for you to learn about the community culture and ancient traditions, uses of the natural resources, activities, handicrafts, etc. Later, a nice lunch awaits you at the hotel restaurant.
After having some rest at the lodge, in the afternoon you will have fun in an extraordinary visit to the sewer pipes (lgapo) in a motorized canoe along the Guangara and Kuri Muyo trail. Returning back to the lodge you will possibly see some caimans on the banks of the Rio Napo. At your arrival at the hotel, you will enjoy a great dinner with typical cuisine.
Standard room $603.00
Beautiful House - Sumak Huasi 4 Days / 3 Nights
We end this morning with a visit to the Interpretation Center “Kuri Muyu” handled by the women of the community here learn about the Kichwa culture, crafts, Traditions and traditional use of natural resources directly to people in the community. We return for lunch and take a break in the lodge.
Walk of one hour to climb up the observation tower of 35 meters likely to see a variety of birds, howler monkeys, squirrel monkeys, toucans, parrots and sloths. Return to the hotel in a motorized canoe, traditional typical dinner.
The program of 5 days or longer offers the opportunity to live a unique experience navigating the Napo River on an eco-catamaran which takes you to see tropical birds such as orioles, caciques, parrots, Several Species of herons, caracaras, doves, anis, terns and other species of primates. You can also practice water sports such as tubing or regatta on the Napo river or simply relax and unwind.
Standard room $730.00
Fulfilling life- Sumak Kausay 5 Days / 4 Nights
Arriving at Napo Cultural Center, visitors are warmly welcome with a traditional drink, lunch at the Ecolodge and immediately taken to their cabins amidst the teeming wilderness found on one of the most biologically diverse places on Earth. In the afternoon, a short walk down to the banks of the Napo River to enjoy a beautiful sunset on the beaches and islands naturally returns for dinner and rest. An option walks on trails: KARI – MAMA CUNA – RUNA – PLAYAS
We end this morning with a visit to the Interpretation Center “Kuri Muyu” handled by the women of the community here learn about the Kichwa culture, crafts, Traditions and traditional use of natural resources directly to people in the community. We return for lunch and take a break in the lodge. Walk of one hour to climb up the observation tower of 35 meters likely to see a variety of birds, howler monkeys, squirrel monkeys, toucans, parrots and sloths. Return to the hotel in a motorized canoe for dinner and rest.
Standard room $861.00
- Accommodations in Napo Cultural Center
- All meals
- River transportation to Coca – Napo Cultural Center – Coca
- Entrance to Yasuni National Park and parrot clay licks
- Community and naturalist bilingual guide
- Impermeable poncho and rubber boots
- All excursions and activities like program detail
- Flight ticket to/from Coca
- Other non-specified requirements
What to bring?
- Small day pack for excursions. Zip lock-type plastic bags to cover optics or other gear.
- Insect repellent (Skin-so-soft or DEET product with at least 20% concentration). No inflammable sprays as they are not allowed by the airline. Sunscreen lotion with a high SPF factor.
- Flashlight or headlamp bright enough for use on night walks.
- Personal toiletries and medications (carry medications with you when arriving and leaving the lodge).
- Extra batteries/film/video tapes as appropriate.
- Original passport (always good to have while traveling).
- Credit card Visa, MasterCard and Diners for bar bills and cash (US$) for Artesania purchases.
- All prices are per person
- Children under 5 years, hotel free in same parents room plus 50% of airfare to be paid.
- Children under 12 years get 30% discount on hotel prices in the same parents room.
- Napo Cultural Center recommend for families with children to take a private guide.
- Departures available any day of the week, except Sunday.
- There is a limit of 20 kilograms to check in per person in the aircraft plus carry on. If you are checking in more weight than the excess baggage will be charged to you directly by airline. Rain poncho and rubber boots (from size 3 to 12) provided when needed for excursions.