Perú at Glance
Peru is a megadiverse country with habitats ranging from the arid plains of the Pacific coastal region in the west to the peaks of the Andes mountains vertically extending from the north to the southeast of the country to the tropical Amazon Basin rainforest in the east with the Amazon River. The main spoken language is Spanish, although a significant number of Peruvians speak Quechua or other native languages. This mixture of cultural traditions has resulted in a wide diversity of expressions in fields such as art, cuisine, literature, and music.
Arrival to Lima´s airport, reception and transfer to the hotel in Miraflores district, check in (15:00 hours).
Overnight. ( - )
Lima: 154 masl
Transfer to the airport to board the flight to Cusco. Arrival, reception, and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the morning free to acclimatize to the altitude
In the afternoon pick up for your City Tour Cusco where you will visit The Cathedral, Koricancha (Temple of the Sun) and the nearby ruins: Qenqo (Ceremonial and Ritual center, place where sacrifices were made), Puca Pucara (this complex was probably used by Emperor Pachacutec as a tambo), Tambomachay (also called “The Bath of the Inca”) and Sacsayhuaman Fortress (place where the main Inca Festivals, Inti Raymi and Warachicuy take place). Return to the hotel
Cusco: 3,395 masl
In the morning departure for our visit to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will visit the textile center Awanacancha, then we will go to the town of Pisac, here we will visit a picturesque craft market where we can see how until today the locals maintain the tradition of exchanging their things or food, just like it was done in the past. Lunch at local restaurant.
Later we will go to the town of Ollantaytambo where we will visit the fortress that bears the same name. Here we will visit the most important attractions of the place, and our guide will give us an explanation about its history.
Returning to Cusco, we will visit the town of Chinchero and its small chapel. Arrival and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight. (B, L)
Sacred Valley: 2,800 masl
This day will be the highlight of our trip, the visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Very early we will depart from Ollanta train station towards the majestic city of Aguas Calientes, the travel time is approximately 01 hour 30 minutes. Arrival to Aguas Calientes town, from here we will board the buses to ascend to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, one of the 7 wonders of the world. The tour will be 02 hours and 30 minutes and the visit includes the Intihuatana (the Solar Clock), the Palace of the Incas, the Three Windows, etc. At the end of it we will descend to the town of Aguas Calientes to go shopping.
At a scheduled time, transfer to the station to board the train back to Ollantaytambo. Arrival and transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Machu Picchu: 2,400 masl
Transfer to the airport to board the flight to Lima. Arrival and connection with the international flight. (B)
Lima: 154 masl
Check Out: 10:00 hours approximately
- Transfer in and out from / to Lima and Cusco
- Lodging for 04 nights at selected hotels + breakfast
- HD City Tour Cusco and nearby ruins: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca – Pucara
- FD Sacred Valley: Awanacancha + Pisac Market + Ollantaytambo Fortress
- FD Machu Picchu: Voyager ( Inca Rail ) or Expedition ( PeruRail ) Train from Ollanta
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal assistance
- Air tickets national and international
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Travel insurance
- Overweight in Luggage
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks
- Not specified meal
- Personal charges
What to bring?
- Sunhat + Sunblock
- Walking Shoes/Sneakers + Waterproof Sandals
- Socks: Tall socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Two pairs per day are ideal
- Light-weight, Earth- or Darkcolored, Long-sleeved Shirts and T-shirts
- Light-weight Quick-dry Hiking Pants
- Goretex Jacket
- Insect Repellent
- Binoculars (waterproof) + Backpack
- Headlamp (or Flashlight) + Extra Batteries
- Inexpensive Magnifying Glass (optional)
- Personal First Aid Kit + Medication
- Camera + Dry Bags
- Tours mentioned in Regular services (SIB) in Spanish or English.
- The mentioned prices are a reference, subject to confirmation by reservation.
- Price valid until December 20, 2019.
- Prices are in American Dollars per person
- Prices may be subject to variations at any time without previous notification
- Prices are not valid during Easter (March 29/30), The Inti Raymi in Cusco – Jun 22nd to 26th). National Holidays (July 28/29), Pan American Games (23rd of July to 13rd of August), Christmas (24/25 Dec) and New Year. Ask for prices
- Optional: Lunch letter or buffet in Aguas Calientes restaurant: Usd 25.00 net/pax
- Train tickets are not refunded
- Booking cancellation and voidance (or parts of it) are subject to penalties and administrative charges
- Net prices are non-commissionable
- The itinerary may be subject to change due to timetable variations in: international and domestic flights, trains, buses, delay in rivers and lakes due to weather conditions, social unrest or natural catastrophes and technical malfunction (planes). If that is the case, the best alternative will always be sought to the passengers. Additional charges will be paid by the passenger
- Supplement for up grade to Machu Picchu 360º train (Inca Rail) or Vistadome Train (Perurail) : USD 65.00 net / pax